Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A New Day

Just got back from Anaheim last night. I left @ 4:30 pm... the traffic was horrendous. But I love it. I am one of the few that doesn't mind LA's traffic. It's annoying, yes, but it is alive. The Hyundai that decided to push her way into my lane where there wasn't enough room...wanted to hit her car, but, whatever. The Tahoe that owned the road going over the Newhall Pass... so cool, you caused the lane next to me to stop completely because the dear little saint in the Fiesta rear ended the Taurus... tsk tsk, but the Tahoe owned the road and pulled out of my lane and in front of the Fiesta that slammed on her brakes that the Taurus couldn't stop quick enough... oopsie! So it was a slow, parking lot drive from Pasadena to Magic Mountain... and by the way, when does the 210 fwy have a million cars on it going West from Pasadena???? who said they could get on my freeway?

Oh well, the drive over the grapevine was uneventful... it was dark, and just had to make sure the semi's weren't in the way or that van of some sort with people hanging out the back window... Otherwise all the way to Bakersfield was typical... 40 minutes I will never get back in my life... then the drive from there to Clovis... 2 hours that seem to multiply every time I drive it.

I should mention there was fog last night. You could still see (most of the time) but there were a few places where braille was needed to read the highway. But that was the worst of it. Oh gas was $4.19 a gallon, too bad huh? Thank you Mr Obama for not taking care of us and helping us with our daily needs (FAILURE).

It is a new day... got up, to work, had a worship service with the Second Half and then lunch at Guiseppe Gallo's... awesome. A new day brings refreshment. A new day reminds me that God is watching every step of my journey. A new day is hope-filled and finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment