Monday, January 19, 2009

There Is A Place

I wrote this years ago. When Makkael and Tyler were young, there was a time where I had lost a few friends. It hit me at that time that we are not promised tomorrow. I had never thought much about my mortality. I wrote this "thought" at that point. I was never going to share this, but I might as well, blogging has made me put a lot of thoughts in writing, uhm typing. So this is what I wanted read at my funeral. Just a side note... I have hidden copies of this in my clothes chest. When John O'Neil passed away I sent a copy to Cindy. I couldn't find a copy, so when I was at CCV last Sunday, she came and said hi, and I remembered I sent it to her, and asked her if she still had a copy, so she sent this back to me. The sad thought is that I have copies in my clothes chest... duh... but Thanks to Cindy... I realize the theological implications of this, it is not meant to be theological or even Biblical. It is just a thought.

THERE IS A PLACE

There is a place...
a place that is between dreams and waking, a place I will be
I will ask Jesus to take me there each and every day
to say...I love you! I miss you!
It is where I will wipe your tears and kiss you gently and hug you
you are the joy of my life
and yet you are loved greater by the One who has brought me there.
the Lover of our souls
And we will stand there in that place before you wake, Jesus and I...together...saying we love you

There is a place.. beyond that place
a place by a river, a river with a shore of diamonds and rubies
That is where I will wait for you
to enjoy eternity and to worship together...the ONE who has truly loved you
and in the place where there will be eternal joy

There is a place

by David Reynolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment